Why I am a Shekamoo

My photo
Follow my blog if you love to cook, eat or just stare at good food.

Tuesday

San Francisco Radius Restaurant


"Locally sourced French California Cuisine"
At first glance at Radius motto, "Locally sourced French California Cuisine", I thought that this would be a food match made in heaven. First of all they are in SOMA. Anywhere I can walk to to get good food, I get excited about. I love staying in my SOMA  zipcode. On top of that they support local growers. All the ingredients are from 100 mile radius, hence the name Radius (ah huh!). So many reasons to love it... but I recently went for dinner and I didn't love it. The food was very fresh, and the combinations of ingredients were good. The rockfish I had was served with fennel and potatoes. So, why wasn't this a food match? Something was missing from the dishes I spotted and it was the spices. The dishes were bland. Maybe they had an off night because the Yelp reviews are mostly 4 stars. I noticed the good reviews are for lunch so I will give Radius another try because it is local.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts with Thumbnails