Why I am a Shekamoo

My photo
Follow my blog if you love to cook, eat or just stare at good food.

Monday

Greens Restaurant


Last Sunday night I tried Greens Restaurant for the first time. As the name suggests, everything is vegetarian. Even though most of my lunches are vegetarian and filling, I still have this misconception of vegetarian food as not being filling. Because of this, I checked the menu before I went to dinner and picked the most filling dish I could spot. I chose the the stuff squash -the Ronde Nice Squash Provencal.  Thinking if it is stuffed, it must be filling too..Right? It was definitely stuffed but not as full of flavor as I expected. However, I loved the polenta. I recently tried to cook polenta and learned that it is not as simple to make as it appears. This experience left me with an appreciation for good made polenta. The salad and entree were both very fresh and simple. The dessert was the best. We ordered an upside down cake and these amazing profiteroles. One of them was stuffed with Carmel ice cream and tasted just like the amazing Salted Carmel ice cream at Bi-Rite Creamery.  It was a really nice, healthy dinner and thanks to Black Board Eats 30% discount  the meal came to a good price as well. 

2 comments:

  1. Oohh, I want to go there. Next time I'm in town! And some salted carmel icecream too!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya, Green Restaurant is perfect for you Suzie Q. So many yummy and unique vegetarian dishes.

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like

Related Posts with Thumbnails